Know your fellow swimmers
- What big swim are you training for?
I am training for an English Channel crossing.
- How long have you been swimming?
I started open water swimming late in 2017.
- What is your favorite quote?
“The temptation to quit will be strongest shortly after you’ve begun, and just before you finish. If you are aware of it, you can avoid it.” Lewis Pugh
- How do you stay motivated to train?
I set smaller goals along the way.
- What is your favorite song to listen to prior to a swim?
I don’t have a specific song.
- How do you prep for an event the day before?
I plan the swim and visualize it. Make sure that I hydrate properly the day before the event. Proper nutrition in the days before an event is important. I lay out all my kit the night before and prepare my feeds. I try to get a good night’s sleep.
- What or who inspired you to start doing openwater swimming?
I was at a motivational breakfast in 2016 where Toni Enderli was the keynote speaker. His presentation that day planted the seed.
- What is your favorite food to eat the night before a swim?
Steak, eggs and chips 😊.
- Which event from Big Bay Events is your favorite?
- Where is your favorite place to train for your upcoming events?
The Langebaan lagoon.